This homemade cream of mushroom soup is full of flavor and so easy to make, you’ll be done with it before you know it!
You’re going to love how easy this is to make! It’s so quick to make and doesn’t take up so much of your time. Just throw a few ingredients together and viola! You’ll have our delicious creamy mushroom soup full of flavor ready in no time! So comforting and keeps you all cozy for those cold winter weather!
Mushrooms by themselves are full and rich in great nutrients with low calorie sources of fiber, protein and antioxidants. It has B vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, and pantothenic acid. This combination helps protect heart health and mitigate the risk of developing serious health conditions.
My mom has some health conditions and when I made this recipe for her she just loved it so much, she asked for me to make it again after she already finished the pot I made! LOL 😂 My oldest son loves this recipe also and I’m so glad he does cause it’s definitely good for him.
You can make this on those cold winter days or whenever you’re just craving some delicious creamy comforting soup you want to enjoy. This soup can be served with some garlic toast, dinner rolls or just regular toast would be just fine!
- This recipe does call for heavy cream but if you don’t want that you can substitute it with evaporated milk, whole milk or 2% milk will work just fine.
- You can also substitute the cornstarch for all purpose flour. See recipe notes for more details
I hope you enjoy this recipe as my whole family did also! My husband is not a huge soup person but he did like this one.
Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2-3 Cloves Fresh Garlic Chopped
- 1 lb. Mushrooms Variety Sliced (Cremini, Bella, Shiitake)
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Whole Onion Chopped
- 3-4 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 32 oz Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tsp Fresh Thyme
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat butter in large sauce pan over medium-high heat; sauté mushrooms, onions and garlic until mushroom is tender.
- Add chicken broth and fresh thyme; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in heavy cream. Let it simmer uncovered.
- Whisk cornstarch and water then stir into soup unti slightly thickens; about 1-2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste. ENJOY!
- You can add more cornstarch if you’d like your soup to be a creamier and thicker texture.
- You can also substitute using all purpose flour; Add 8 Tbsp of Flour after cooking the mushrooms, onions and garlic. Stir constantly and let it cook for about 1-2 minutes then add chicken broth. You don’t have to add the water at the end of the instructions.
**Please note that the provided nutritional data is approximate**