This is the most quick, easy and delicious penne alla vodka recipe you can make!
Before I came about this recipe my husband attempted to make it on his own for my birthday one year. He’s a pretty good cook and I love the effort he puts into it. It tasted good! But when he tried it he said it was missing something. So being the person I am and dabbling around the kitchen I asked him how he made it and worked from what he had.
After messing around in the kitchen with the recipe, this is what came about. When I made it for my family, my husband just loved it! He loved it so much he kept asking for more! It was great! You can serve this just the way it is or with any type of meat you’d like and with some toasted garlic cheese bread on the side. Yummy!
NOW this is my go to meal when my family can’t decide on what to have for dinner. We always have issues trying to figure out what to eat. We eat pretty much anything and everything but we always somehow just can’t decide sometimes on what to eat cause we want to eat everything.
So when that situations happens and it’s getting late for lunch or for dinner, I would whip up this recipe for everyone to eat. It’s really simple to make and it takes about 30 mins with needing only a few ingredients. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did making it!
Penna Alla Vodka
- skillet, sauce pan
- 1 box penne pasta
- 1/2 medium white onion chopped
- 1 can tomato sauce 15 oz
- 2-3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1-2 tbsp flour
- 1-2 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- red pepper chili flakes to your liking (you can omit)
- salt & pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish
- Make penne pasta according to directions on box.
- Heat medium sauce pan with butter until melted over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onions & red pepper chili flakes. Cook until onion is translucent.
- Add vodka and let it cook/simmer for about 10 mins until reduced about half.
- Add tomato sauce and stir. Bring to a simmer.
- Lower heat to medium-low. Add 3/4 cup of heavy cream and stir. Bring to simmer.
- While waiting for sauce to simmer. In a bowl mix the flour, remaining of heavy cream (1/4 cup) and water in a bowl and whisk well. Then add to the sauce.
- Add 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese. Then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over penne pasta and garnish with remaining parmesan cheese and parsley. Enjoy!
**Please note that the provided nutritional data is approximate**
If you like to instant download the recipe card and have it sent to you inbox just put your email below!